1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. You are about to embark on a QR code tour of the building. This will help you to familiarize yourself with the BOCES complex. Make sure that all members of the group are paying attention and involved in the tour…we will be testing your memory when you return!||2.||3. Head out the door and take a right. Look for the Hallway on your left. Take that hallway all the way to the end and find the first QR code.||answer||4. This is the lower CTE wing and shop area. There are many different classes down here including heavy equipment operation, conservation, small engine repair and welding. Head back up the hallway and look for the QR code on the door on your left.||answer||5. This room is the future advanced manufacturing lab for VP-TECH. You will be spending a lot of time in this room in the next few years! Head down the hall to the next QR code on your right.||answer||6. This is the health sciences hallway. These students are busy learning to work in the healthcare field. Head up the hall and find the next QR code across the hall.||answer|
Question 1 (of 6)
Question 2 (of 6)
Question 3 (of 6)
Question 4 (of 6)
Question 5 (of 6)
Question 6 (of 6)