1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the root that means writing?||scrib or scrip||2. What is the word that describes a type of writing that young children use when first learning how to describe what is on their mind?||scribble||3. What is the word that names the written agreement you make when you agree to pay for a magazine to be mailed to you for a year or two?||subscription||4. What is the word that means a piece of writing or of a book, often the first draft?||manuscript||5. What is the words that names what you need to do when writing stories so that the reader can picture in their mind what you are trying to say clearly?||describe||6. What is the name of one of the most important jobs back when writing was first invented?||scribe||7. What is the word that usually is at the end of the letter to name one more short thought?||postscript||8. What is the word that names a set of papers that actors memorize for a show or performance?||script||9. What is the word that names a piece of paper that must be signed by a doctor before you can pick up your medicine at the pharmacy?||prescription||10. What is the word for a short dedication written in a book?||inscription||11. What is the word that tells what someone who is bilingual can do as a job or for fun?||transcribe|
Question 1 (of 11)
Question 2 (of 11)
Question 3 (of 11)
Question 4 (of 11)
Question 5 (of 11)
Question 6 (of 11)
Question 7 (of 11)
Question 8 (of 11)
Question 9 (of 11)
Question 10 (of 11)
Question 11 (of 11)