1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What does the Church call Mary's conception without Original Sin?||The Immaculate Conception||2. What does the Church call the event when Mary was taken into Heaven, body and soul?||The Assumption||3. What does the Church call the event when Mary conceived Jesus?||The Annunciation||4. When does the Church celebrate the Immaculate Conception?||December 8th||5. When does the Church celebrate Mary's entrance into Heaven?||August 15th||6. When does the Church celebrate the birth of Mary?||September 8th||7. When does the Church celebrate the feast of the Annunciation?||March 25th||8. What is the title of Mary that refers to her role as the unique mediator between God and humanity due to her cooperation in the saving mission of her Son?||The Mediatrix||9. When was Mary given to the Church to be Her Mother?||At the foot of the Cross||10. To whom did Jesus present His Mother when He made Her the Mother of the Church?||St. John||11. When was the Assumption of Mary declared a dogma?||November 1, 1950||12. Which Pope made the Assumption of Mary a dogma?||Pope Pius XII||13. When was the Immaculate Conception declared a dogma?||December 8, 1854||14. Which Pope made the Immaculate Conception a dogma of the Church?||Pope Pius IX||15. What does the Assumption of Mary signify for the rest of the Church?||That we will one day also be in Heaven, body and soul.||16. Did Mary die before being assumed into Heaven?||The Church doesn't give a definitive answer - so maybe?|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)