1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What are the main colors of the Spanish flag||red & yellow||2. What is the Caribbean country that shares an island with Haiti||Dominican Republic||3. Which Spanish-speaking country borders France and Portugal||Spain||4. Spanish is the official language in how many countries||22||5. 8% off Spanish words are of this origin||Arabic||6. What is the largest fresh water lake in South America||Lake Titicaca||7. What percentage of Colombian territory has not been populated||55%||8. What is unique about the gardens of Xochimilco||they float||9. Which ocean borders Uruguay||Atlantic||10. Where is the tropical forest El Yunque located||Puerto Rico||11. In what country is the lost city of Machu Pichu||Peru||12. What is the smallest country in Central America||El Salvador||13. What is the largest country in Central America||Nicaragua||14. What is the largest river in South America||Amazon||15. What South American country is famous for gauchos||Argentina|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)