1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Which processes take up the majority of the cell cycle? 1 mark||1||2. How do cells avoid mutations, or mistakes in copying, becoming incorporated into daughter cells? 1 mark||2||3. Starting after interphase, list, in the order that they occur, the four main stages of mitosis 2 marks||3||4. What is the name of the process where the cell splits in two at the end of mitosis? 1 mark||5||5. State four situations in which mitosis must occur? 4 marks||6||6. What is meant by a homologous pair of chromosomes? 1 mark||7||7. What is a stem cell? 1 mark||8||8. How does cytokinesis occur in yeast? 1 mark||9||9. State two differences between the products of meiosis and mitosis 1 mark||10||10. Define the term differentiation with respect to cells. Describe this process in the production of erythrocytes and neutrophils 3 marks||1b||11. Which kind of cell undergoes differentiation to produce xylem and phloem? 1 mark||4b||12. Describe the organisation of cells in ciliated epithelial tissue and the function of this tissue in the respiratory tract 3 marks||5b||13. Discuss the importance of cooperation between muscles and other organ systems 4 marks||6b|
Question 1 (of 13)
Question 2 (of 13)
Question 3 (of 13)
Question 4 (of 13)
Question 5 (of 13)
Question 6 (of 13)
Question 7 (of 13)
Question 8 (of 13)
Question 9 (of 13)
Question 10 (of 13)
Question 11 (of 13)
Question 12 (of 13)
Question 13 (of 13)