1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?||All of them. Every month has at least 28 days||2. If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills are taken?||1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o'clock, then another at 1.30 and the last at 2 o'clock, they will be taken in 1 hour||3. I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being woken by the alarm?||1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock which cannot discriminate between a.m. and p.m.||4. Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?||70. Dividing by half is the same as multiplying by 2||5. A farmer had 17 sheep and all but 9 die. How many are left?||9 sheep||6. If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?||The match||7. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What colour is the bear?||White. If all walls face south, the house must be on the North Pole||8. If you take 2 apples from 3 apples, what do you have?||2 apples. You took them remember||9. How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?||None. It was Noah, not Moses||10. If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from London and stopped at Liverpool to pick up 7 more people, what's the name of the driver?||YOU are the driver|
Question 1 (of 10)
Question 2 (of 10)
Question 3 (of 10)
Question 4 (of 10)
Question 5 (of 10)
Question 6 (of 10)
Question 7 (of 10)
Question 8 (of 10)
Question 9 (of 10)
Question 10 (of 10)