1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Go to the door of the place where your lunch is cooked||lunchroom||2. Both team members do 10 jumping jacks and get Miss Stephanie's signature. Go to the place where you would go if you were in trouble||office||3. Say good morning to Mrs. Martin and have her write her signature that you did. Go to the place where you find lost property||Lost and found||4. Do 5 pushups each and record it. Go to the place you would go if your hurt or sick||Nurses office||5. Do 5 sit ups and record it. Go to the place where you shoot some hoops||Basketball hoops||6. Do 10 fluffy stars each and record it. Go to the room where you would find a musical instrument||music room||7. Do a 15 second plank and record it. Go to the entrance of the place where you slide down slides and have lots of fun||playground||8. Hula hoop for 10 seconds each and record. Go to the place where you sit for an assembly||Bleachers||9. Jump up and down for 5 seconds each and record. Go where you would get a drink of water after recess||water fountain||10. Do 5 burpees each and record it. Go to the place where Reed always wants to read||Outcove||11. Hit the griddy for 5 seconds each and record it. Hope you had fun now go to the room where you find lots of books||library|
Question 1 (of 11)
Question 2 (of 11)
Question 3 (of 11)
Question 4 (of 11)
Question 5 (of 11)
Question 6 (of 11)
Question 7 (of 11)
Question 8 (of 11)
Question 9 (of 11)
Question 10 (of 11)
Question 11 (of 11)