1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. Brian has a job paying $14.00 per hour. If he works 4 hours per day, how much will he earn in 1 day? How much will Brian earn if he works 5 days per week?||$56.00 for 1 day and $280.00 for 5 days||2. 2. Lameka’s hourly salary is $8.00. If she starts at 9:00 am, takes a 1 hour lunch break (she does NOT get paid for the lunch hour) and leaves at 4 pm, how much did Lameka make today?||$48.00||3. 3. Sadrian’s salary per hour is $10.50. If he works 40 hours each week, how much will his paycheck be for two weeks?||$840.00||4. 4. Ximena is paid $15 per hour. If she works more than 40 hours in a week, she is paid overtime pay at “time and a half.” Last week, she worked 6 hours of overtime plus her regular 40 hours. How much was her total pay for last week?||$735.00||5. 5. Braden has a job selling shoes and works only on commission. He makes 10% on each pair of shoes he sells. How much in commissions will he make if he sells $1,100.00 worth of shoes?||$110.00||6. 6. Kemaruri sells event tickets. He has a base salary of $900 plus a 5% commission on all ticket sales. How much should Kemaruri earn in commission if his tickets sales totaled $1000?||$950.00||7. 7. Dakota earns $12.00 per hour. If he normally works 20 hours per week, how much is his paycheck for two weeks?||$480.00||8. 8. Ladaja's yearly salary is $30,000. How much money does she receive each month?||$2,500||9. 9. Jemere earns $75.00 per day. If he paid once a month, and this moth there are 20 work days, how much will Jemere make on his check this month?||$1,500||10. 10. Malachi sells computers. He makes 12% commission on everything he sells. How much should Malachi be paid if his sales total is %5,565.00?||$667.80|
Question 1 (of 10)
Question 2 (of 10)
Question 3 (of 10)
Question 4 (of 10)
Question 5 (of 10)
Question 6 (of 10)
Question 7 (of 10)
Question 8 (of 10)
Question 9 (of 10)
Question 10 (of 10)