1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. The constant barrage of perfect photos that appear on Instagram can have a positive effect on peoples' self esteem. It is False or True||1||2. What did the study conducted by the University of Copenhagen find?||2||3. What does FOMO mean?||3||4. How did FOMO effect Stina Sanders?||4||5. How does Social media distort the way in which you remember certain events from your life?||5||6. How, according to Dr Bono, does social media effect your attention span.?||6||7. Social media can lead to the development of mental health issues. Name 3 and give statistics.||7||8. What does Ben Jacobs say about social media?||8||9. Does social media play an important role in your life. and why? Write a paragraph of 8 lines||9|
Question 1 (of 9)
Question 2 (of 9)
Question 3 (of 9)
Question 4 (of 9)
Question 5 (of 9)
Question 6 (of 9)
Question 7 (of 9)
Question 8 (of 9)
Question 9 (of 9)